Searched for inspiration.
Having found none,
Searched instead for creativity.
Which, being evasive,
Decided to seek motivation.
it was the better place to start.
Made great strides.
Found great words.
Painted beautiful images.
Remembered to always begin … at the beginning.
Copyright © 2014 Tamika Brown and TheFynePrynt.com.
*I finally remembered to post the full list of my New Year, Better You tweets with some additional thoughts of course*
- Speak up! Contribute your voice to a cause that is important to you and your community.
- Remember that your parents are aging. And one day it will be too late to call, write and make time for them.
- You simply cannot help/save someone who simply does not want to be helped/saved. Save that energy for YOU!
- Regularly do something to show your appreciation for someone.
- Make time EACH day for “me” time.
- Create a Spend/Save/Balance plan that works for YOU.
- Make time each day to write or say aloud something you’re GRATEFUL for.
- Unplug for the ones you love. The person in front of you is more important than your phone.
- Judge not! EMPATHY should always win.
- Get rid of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered.
- Stop feeling GUILTY for doing what you truly want to do. Guilt is such a wasted emotion.
- Let go of the fear of the unknown, regularly try something new/different.
- Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
- Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
- Be accountable for your own decisions.
- Say Please and Thank you – small acts make a big difference.
- Stop thinking everyone is happier/more successful/better off than you. YOUR journey is unfolding perfectly for YOU.
- Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone all the time. Let folks do for themselves sometimes.
- Be an active listener – listening speaks volumes.
- HONOR your intuition. You know you best so when your ‘little voice’ speaks, don’t be afraid to listen.
- Stop bringing your PAST into your PRESENT. It’s time to move on and tell a NEW story.
- Ask for help. There is strength in knowing when to say when
- When you’re feeling impatient, ADJUST your reaction. If you keep rushing, you might miss “it”.
- Stop being angry. Just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
- Give. Not to get something in return, but to bless.
- Make time every day to put energy into at least one of your passions.
- Embrace the fact that there are some things you just don’t know, then, learn more.
- Your dreams are important; try always to follow your heart.
- If you said you would; you really should.
- If today is your starting point then Get To It! If it doesn’t work out, take a moment to reflect then, Get To It again!
People often speak about successful lives as a result of following their passion(s), doing well those one or two things that bring them joy.
I admire that and actually am a bit envious of it. Not because I’m generally the jealous type but because I want to know HOW they arrived there! HOW did they know or recognize it as “the thing”?
I am good-great at a lot of things. That’s not bragging, that’s just the truth. Some of those things result in people saying ” oh you ought to sell that or do that as a business” to which I often reply “nah, I’m not quite that interested in it to be fulfilling orders and whatnot”.
And even while saying those words I’m thinking “well why not? – what ARE you *that* interested in?”