*I finally remembered to post the full list of my New Year, Better You tweets with some additional thoughts of course*
- Speak up! Contribute your voice to a cause that is important to you and your community.
- Remember that your parents are aging. And one day it will be too late to call, write and make time for them.
- You simply cannot help/save someone who simply does not want to be helped/saved. Save that energy for YOU!
- Regularly do something to show your appreciation for someone.
- Make time EACH day for “me” time.
- Create a Spend/Save/Balance plan that works for YOU.
- Make time each day to write or say aloud something you’re GRATEFUL for.
- Unplug for the ones you love. The person in front of you is more important than your phone.
- Judge not! EMPATHY should always win.
- Get rid of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered.
- Stop feeling GUILTY for doing what you truly want to do. Guilt is such a wasted emotion.
- Let go of the fear of the unknown, regularly try something new/different.
- Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
- Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
- Be accountable for your own decisions.
- Say Please and Thank you – small acts make a big difference.
- Stop thinking everyone is happier/more successful/better off than you. YOUR journey is unfolding perfectly for YOU.
- Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone all the time. Let folks do for themselves sometimes.
- Be an active listener – listening speaks volumes.
- HONOR your intuition. You know you best so when your ‘little voice’ speaks, don’t be afraid to listen.
- Stop bringing your PAST into your PRESENT. It’s time to move on and tell a NEW story.
- Ask for help. There is strength in knowing when to say when
- When you’re feeling impatient, ADJUST your reaction. If you keep rushing, you might miss “it”.
- Stop being angry. Just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
- Give. Not to get something in return, but to bless.
- Make time every day to put energy into at least one of your passions.
- Embrace the fact that there are some things you just don’t know, then, learn more.
- Your dreams are important; try always to follow your heart.
- If you said you would; you really should.
- If today is your starting point then Get To It! If it doesn’t work out, take a moment to reflect then, Get To It again!
One thought on “‘New Year, Better You’”
That looks like some things I could probably do with trying to keep to this year too 🙂 Great post.
I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, no need to participate, it was just to let you know I enjoy your blog 🙂 https://awriterslifeformeblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/10/versatile-blogger-award/